17 November 2011
The International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL), www.icbl.org, and the Cluster Munition Coalition (CMC), www.stopclustermunitions.org, are launching ‘Investing in Action 2012’, a local campaign support project that will provide organisations that are members of the ICBL-CMC with funding for campaign activities.
The purpose of the project is to encourage and enable local campaigning in support of the universalisation and implementation of the 1997 Mine Ban Treaty and the 2008 Convention on Cluster Munitions. Applications for funding should focus primarily on campaigning activities to persuade governments to ratify or accede to the Convention on Cluster Munitions or the Mine Ban Treaty and to promote their implementation.
Key global events and milestones taking place within the grant period include:
- ICBL Global “Lend your leg” action (1 March-4 April 2012).
- Mine Ban Treaty Intersessional Standing Committee Meetings in Geneva (21-25 May 2012).
- Convention on Cluster Munitions Intersessional Meetings in Geneva (16-19 April 2012).
- 2nd anniversary of the entry into force of the Convention on Cluster Munitions (1 August 2012).
- Third Meeting of States Parties to the Convention on Cluster Munitions, Oslo, Norway (10-14 September 2012).
- Launch of Cluster Munition Monitor 2012 (6 September 2012) and Landmine Monitor 2012 (29 November 2012).
- Mine Ban Treaty Twelfth Meeting of States Parties in Geneva (3-7 December 2012).
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities, 12th anniversary of signing of the MBT, and 4th anniversary of signing of the CCM (3 December 2012).
The project period will run from the February 2012 to December 2012. Therefore, activities outlined in applications for funding should fall within this period. The deadline for applications is Saturday 31 December.
All applications must use the provided templates. Please read the application guidelines carefully before completing the application. They must be typed and signed electronically and submitted by email to email@example.com
If you need any guidance or support in completing your application you can contact the following ICBL-CMC staff members: For queries relating to the Mine Ban Treaty, please contact Firoz Alizada firstname.lastname@example.org and go to www.icbl.org
For queries relating to the Convention on Cluster Munitions please contact Amy Little email@example.com and go to www.stopclustermunitions.org
2011 Reporting Forms. If you received 2011 Investing in Action support earlier this year you must report on your activities by the 13 January 2012 deadline in order to be considered for 2012 support. 2011 reports should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org