04 February 2013
To mark the14th anniversary of the entry into force of the Mine Ban Treaty (MBT) the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL), in conjunction with partner Fundacion Arcangeles, launched the 2013 global Lend Your Leg (LYL) action, which started on 1 March and will run up to the International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action on 4 April.
Take Action!Lend Your Leg 2013 Campaign tools:
- Donate to the ICBL and support the campaign's lifesaving global work. See how you can contribute to the worldwide movement to ban landmines for good. Click here to find out more.
- Take part in the campaign yourself and get your friends, family and network on board the global Lend Your Leg action for 2013! The ICBL has prepared an action alert to help you build momentum and encourage as many people as possible in your country to take part in this global action. You can download it here in Arabic, English,French and Spanish.
- Key messages in Arabic, English, French and Spanish on the treaty, the ICBL and Lend Your Leg, to use in your media outreach work and overall campaigning efforts during the month of action. Use these to link your national campaigning to the bigger global picture.
- Use this Lend Your Leg social media logo on your Facebook and Twitter profile photos
- Use the Lend Your Leg logo medium resolution on posters advertising local action, in leaflets or banners, on your website and in press releases - wherever you talk about the campaign use it!
- Use this Lend Your Leg email signature to brand your emails in the run up to the 4 April global day of action.
- Lend Your Leg logo high resolution (1.27MB for printed documents)
- Landmine Monitor – The Landmine Monitor is an initiative providing research for the International Campaign to Ban Landmines (ICBL). It is the de facto monitoring regime for the Mine Ban Treaty. Landmine Monitor produces several research products including the annual Landmine Monitor, online country profile reports, as well as factsheets and maps. All research products are available as a free online resource. See the 2012 Monitor for the latest mine action facts and figures.
Media and outreach tools :
- ICBL 20th Anniversary video produced in 2012.
- MBT 15th Anniversary video produced for the 12th Meeting of States Parties in 2012.
- Lend Your Leg 2013 Press release: in English, French, Spanish and Arabic.
- Press release guidelines - These explain how a press release should be laid out and what vital information it should contain.
- The ICBL - CMC Media Guide - Provides tips on how and when to contact journalists and how to pitch your stories. Available in English, French and Spanish.
- LYL 2013 Social Media Guide - Provides tips on how to make the best use of Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and YouTube during the course of your campaign work.
National campaign tools:
- Thanks to Handicap International Germany, you can listen to campaigners around the world, calling on people to "Lend Your Leg for a world without mines" in their own language: http://bit.ly/LYL2013-Audio
National campaign Actions:
- Lend Your Leg 2013 Report- A summary of 2013 Lend Your Leg Actions carried out in conjunction with Fundacion Arcangeles in over 50 countries.
- Lend Your Leg 2012 Report - A summary of 2012 Lend Your Leg Actions carried out in conjunction with Fundacion Arcangeles and UNMAS in over 70 countries.