The Seventeenth Meeting of States Parties
The Seventeenth Meeting of States Parties (17MSP) to the Mine Ban Treaty took place at the UN office in Geneva from 26 to 30 November 2018 and was presided over by Afghanistan.
- Mauritania announced completion of mine clearance
- Oman announced completion of stockpile destruction
- Ukraine submitted its clearance deadline extension request, putting it back in compliance with the Mine Ban Treaty
- Sri Lanka submitted its first Article 7 report
- Several states took the floor to address the issue of improvised mines
- Victim assistance and mine action funding were also discussed during parallel meetings
- 10 states not party attended the 17MSP
A social media summary of the 17MSP is available here.
Opening Statements: Hector Guerra and Jesus Martinez
- Comments on the United Kingdom's extension request
- Victim Assistance
- Reflections on the Implementation of Article 5
- The agenda for the meeting is available here.
- All official documents of the meeting are available on the Secretariat of the Mine Ban Treaty's website and the UNODA's website.
- Download the 'Finish the Job 2025' logo
- Mine Ban Treaty status
- The Landmine Monitor website
- Maputo Action Plan (MAP) and Maputo +15 Declaration
- How states can take action to finish the job
- All ICBL campaign materials can be found in the resources section of the ICBL website.
- The Landmine Monitor 2018 report was launched on 20 November 2018. Find the report online, at http://the-monitor.org/en-gb/reports/2018/landmine-monitor-2018.aspx
Media and Communications
- For media enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, T: +41 22 920 03 20.
- ICBL Twitter: https://twitter.com/minefreeworld
ICBL Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/minefreeworld
ICBL Flickr: http://bit.ly/20rgaBN
ICBL YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UConje8PMHNFOSR_eGjI5QiA